Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A little different - Favorite hymns

We often pause on Tuesdays to pray together, and rejoice over answered prayers.

Sometimes we share verses that have blessed our hearts in the past week or so.


Today I'd like to open this post for all to leave a comment and tell us:

What is your favorite hymn or praise song?

If you are like me, the answer to that question probably changes every week, or even every day! But let's take a moment to share our favorites.
speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, (Ephesians 5:19)

2 comments:

  1. Aside from the obvious favorites like "Amazing Grace" and "The Old Rugged Cross" I love "Higher Ground".

    Lord lift me up, and let me stand
    By faith on Heaven's table land.
    A higher plain than I have found, Lord plant my feet on Higher Ground!

    It always brightens my spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hymn I keep in my heart and my head for good times and rough times is Be Still My Soul. This is the second verse.
    "Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
    To guide the future, as He has the past.
    Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
    All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
    Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
    His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below."

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.