Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What are you listening to?


Worshiping God in song isn’t simply a nice idea or only for musically gifted people. The question is not, “Has God given me a voice?” but “Has God given me a song?”

If you trust in the finished work of Christ, the answer is clear: Yes!

So what song is running through your head today? What's the song on your lips?

Recently I have been singing this song by Casting Crowns:

I just looked up today
And realized how far away I am from where You are
You gave me life worth dying for
But between the altar and the door
I bought the lies that promised more
And here I go again

Lord, I know I let You down
But somehow, I will make You proud
I'll turn this sinking ship around
And make it back to You

But all my deeds and my good name
Are just dirty rags that tear and strain
To cover all my guilty stains
That You already washed away

('Cause) All You've ever wanted, all You've ever wanted
All You've ever wanted was my heart
Freedom's arms are open, my chains have all been broken
Relentless love has called me from the start
And all You wanted was my heart

I was chasing healing when I'd been made well
I was fighting battles when You conquered hell
Living free but from a prison cell
Lord, I lay it down today

So I'll stop living off of how I feel
And start standing on Your truth revealed
Jesus is my strength, my shield
And He will never fail me

No more chains, I've been set free
No more fighting battles You've won for me
Now in Christ, I stand complete

3 comments:

  1. I've been listening to a lot of Michael Card lately. I love his voice, and also that it's perfect to sing along too. I keep coming back to this song:


    There is a joy in the journey
    There's a light we can love on the way
    There is a wonder and wildness to life
    And freedom for those who obey

    And all those who seek it shall find it
    A pardon for all who believe
    Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

    To all who've been born of the Spirit
    And who share incarnation with Him
    Who belong to eternity stranded in time
    And weary of struggling with sin

    Forget not the hope that's before you
    And never stop counting the cost
    Remember the hopelessness when you were lost

    There is a joy in the journey
    There's a light we can love on the way
    There is a wonder and wildness to life
    And freedom for those who obey
    And freedom for those who obey

    Songwriters
    CARD, MICHAEL J./THOMPSON, JOHN

    Published by
    Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

    Read more: Michael Card - Joy In The Journey Lyrics | MetroLyrics

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kMjH6XW5Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words of I Am by The Crowder band has been running through my head and I love singing along on the radio.

    I am
    Holding on to You
    I am
    Holding on to You
    In the middle of the storm
    I am holding on
    I am

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am especially holding onto Him these days. With tightly closed fingers.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.