Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What are you listening to?


Singing is such an awesome gift from God, isn't it?

When we sing, we can comfort ourselves, lift our own spirits and those of others, and what's more important, we can praise our almighty Father!

What are you listening to today? Leave us a comment and if you have time, a verse or a link. You never know who you may bless by steering them toward a song or a thought that will help them in a time of need.
Sometimes it is the simplest of songs that cheer us. This past week I've not been able to get this out of my head! The lyrics resound with the joy of showing God's perfect love in the midst of each and every challenge that life presents.  
Nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. ( Matthew 5:15-16)

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Won't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine.
Won't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Let it shine til Jesus comes,
I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine til Jesus comes.
I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel - NO!
I'm gonna let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel - NO!
I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Let it shine over the whole wide world,
I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine over the whole wide world,
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.


2 comments:

  1. I've had the chorus to this hymn going through my head for a couple of days now. The odd thing is, I had no idea that it was a chorus to a hymn until just now when I went to look up the words and make sure I had them right before I wrote them down here. I've always thought it was a stand alone thing, since that's all I've ever heard of it. But the words to this hymn are fabulous!

    O soul, are you weary and troubled?
    No light in the darkness you see?
    There’s light for a look at the Savior,
    And life more abundant and free.

    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
    Look full in His wonderful face,
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
    In the light of His glory and grace.
    2
    Through death into life everlasting
    He passed, and we follow Him there;
    O’er us sin no more hath dominion
    For more than conqu’rors we are!
    3
    His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
    Believe Him and all will be well;
    Then go to a world that is dying,
    His perfect salvation to tell!

    Source: http://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/645#ixzz38rk54xLk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I adore that song!!!

    And This Little Light of Mine...it's so touching to watch little ones sing that. :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.