Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Verses that inspire


Have you found a gem in the Word recently? Did a verse or passage truly inspire and teach you?

Won't you share it with all of us?

Many times when we share, we are able to help, comfort, and inspire those who hear or read what we've posted.

This verse has meant a lot to me lately:

Ezekiel 36:26-27:

                        I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove
                        from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will
                        put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful
                        to keep my laws.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure I have quoted this particular scripture before, but it's very important to me. And one I need to repeat again and again in my heart.

    James 1:2-8
    Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my reading in Romans this morning, I came across this wonderful promise:
    "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height now depth, nor anything in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"
    Rom. 38-39

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was doing my usual reading and when I came upon John 20 19-23 I felt as if I had been hit by lightening! The meaning of those verses hit me with so much power that after reading and re-reading them five or six times, I stood up...held the opened Bible to my chest and tears ran down my face as I had just read (though I had read it many times before, somehow it did not have this huge effect) the first time humans were given the Holy Spirit and by Jesus Himself. I was just floored! I could not go past those verses for weeks. I opened the Bible and read, re-read endless times. Still struck by the overwhelming import of what happened then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie Isabella (and mom) thank you for your comment. What a wonderful reminder of those verses! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.