Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What God doesn't know, part II


We've been studying something that seemed shocking at first glance -- there are some things that God doesn't know! Let's continue . . .

Another thing that God doesn't know -- He doesn't know of a problem that He can't solve.
Are you saying "Amen!" here? I know I am!
I'm so glad that He is in the business of solving problems!

                      Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too
                      hard for me?  (Jeremiah 32:27)

                      Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth
                      by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too
                      hard for You.  (Jeremiah 32:17)

Has Satan been attacking us? Do the problems in our lives seem insurmountable? We need to remember God's promise to us:

                      So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory
                      from the rising of the sun; when the enemy comes in like a flood,
                      the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.  (Isaiah 59:19)

And this, one, too:

                      Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through
                       Him who loved us.  (Romans 8:37)

Here is another thought; God doesn't know of an illness that He cannot heal. Let's look in the book of Isaiah again:

                     But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for
                     our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
                     and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)

And yes, I understand that according to that verse, He will heal us of our sin-sickness. But He will also heal our physical bodies.

                     Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who
                     forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases...
                     (Ps 103:2-3)

                     Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved,
                     for you are the one I praise.  (Jeremiah 17:14)

                     Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the
                     church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in
                     the name of the Lord. The prayer of faith will save the sick, and
                     the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will
                     be forgiven.  (James 5:14-15)

Some of us studying this passage today are old enough to know the expression "the Amen corner." (Some of us are old enough to have attended church and heard from the Amen corner, too!) The Amen corner was sometimes a  certain portion or area of the church where particularly fervent worshippers would sit. In some congregations, it was their responsibility to say "Amen" at appropriate times during the pastor's message. Many times, the term just meant a certain man or woman (or group) that was vocal in their approvals of what they heard. Sometimes they would be so enthusiastic that the service would be interrupted by "Amen!" and "Hallelujah!"

Do you sometimes find yourself saying Amen to something that particularly moves you? Something that is meaningful, and stirs your soul? I have found that as I've gotten older, I am much more vocal and emotional in my walk with the Lord; many times I am misty-eyed as I think of His love and mercy.
I mentioned the Amen corner because the last note for today is one that certainly should have us rejoicing in His grace!

Our last thought for today is that God doesn't know of a burden that is too heavy for Him to carry. In His love and care for us, He will carry the burden that we entrust to Him. (Amen!)

                    Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
                    that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon
                    Him, for He cares for you.  (I Peter 5:6-7)

When we are tired and stressed, and weary of carrying our burdens and troubles, He invites us to rely on Him:

                    Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will
                    give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for
                    I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for
                    your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
                    (Matthew 11:28-30)

We can be bold in asking for Him to help us:

                    Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we
                    may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
                    (Hebrews 4:16)
                 
God is so good to us! Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved Matthew 11:28-30. Even when God hasn't physically healed, I know He has His reasons, and "you will find rest for your souls" is very true.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.