Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Prayer requests


Milk and cookies.

Cold, fresh milk. Warm, fresh-from-the-oven cookies. Whatever flavor you prefer.

Kinda gets ya happy, just thinking about it, doesn't it?

Maybe it makes us think about coming home from school, and mom, or grandma, or sitter having a plate of cookies and a small glass of milk ready to refresh us?  Puts a smile on the face of most kids, I believe, and cheers them up immensely.  It's a comfort. A mood-changer. A break from the stresses of the school day, or worries from dealing with other (perhaps bigger) kids.

Let's put the clutch in and change gears.
I understand. You don't drive a manual, like I do. (Most people don't.)
Let's just say we are changing directions, then.

Is there something in our lives as adults that can do these things for us? As Christians, do we think about our prayer time in this way?
It can make us happy, cheer us up.
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. (John 16:24)
It's a comfort.
Even though I walk    through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil,    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,    they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
A mood-changer.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7)
It's a break from the stresses of the world, and dealing with other people.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

Let's approach our times of prayer with anticipation - with eagerness! We have a Friend Who cares and Who knows our problems . . . He just wants us to ask Him to show His strength and to help us.

If you have a burden or request, won't you share it in the comments? Let us come alongside you and pray with you.
If you have a praise for answered prayer, share that, too, and encourage others!


1 comment:

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.