Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Verses that inspire us


Oh, the gems that we find (and find again) when we study the Word!

We'll study these verses again soon, but here's what I read recently and it was a blessing to me:
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. (I Peter 2:9-10)
We are chosen!

We belong to the Lord because He loves us. He wants us to be His.

Not like the last kid left when choosing sides on the playground, and we walk bashfully over to our team, knowing that we were not really chosen.....we just ended up here because we were "left over."

Nope.

The Lord loves us, and He has chosen us. Why? So that we can declare His praises!!

Are we declaring His praises today?

I hope we all are!

If a verse has blessed you recently, won't you leave a comment and draw our attention to it?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I come upon a passage that captivates me in an all new way and I just stay there like I hit a speed bump and stalled. I love those times as it allows study and most of all unswerving attention to what it says and means. I will contemplate it day and night during unoccupied times and in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems very appropriate these days:

    1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
    2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea
    3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.