Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Verses that inspire


Recently, I was looking for a verse and stumbled over a gem that was so familiar, but moved my heart again as if I'd read it for the first time!

Check out these verses in Psalm 130:

If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning. (v 3-6)

"With you there is forgiveness..."   Forgiveness is not that God ignores our sin. He doesn't overlook it, or condone it, or make light of it. 

Forgiveness is God treating us as if we'd done no wrong - because of the blood of the spotless Lamb of God.  Forgiveness is welcoming us home not as servants but as full-fledged members of the family. Forgiveness is not being placed on probation - it's being pardoned. Forgiveness gives us hope of salvation, of another chance to live for Him.

"In His word, I put my hope."
Hope is not wishful thinking. Not day-dreaming. It's not a coin tossed into a wishing well.

Hope is certain, confident anticipation. It's having assurance and relying on the unchanging word of a faithful God. This kind of hope gives us solid ground to stand on, when the storms of life strike, and the waves threaten to pull our feet out from under us.

In our prayer time today, let's remember these verses and give thanks for forgiveness and for hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.