Monday, January 17, 2022

Psalm 62

We're headed back to the Psalms after our break to examine II Timothy 3; I think that as we read this psalm we will see the similarities between the dangerous times that Paul described, and the dangerous situation that David found himself in here.

The psalm is only twelve verses, so I'm posting it here in its entirety. Also, I studied carefully and I feel like the NASB translation captures David's thoughts so perfectly: 

My soul waits in silence for God alone;
From Him comes my salvation.
 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I will not be greatly shaken.

 How long will you attack a man,
That you may murder him, all of you,
Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
 They have planned only to thrust him down from his high position;
They delight in falsehood;
They bless with their mouth,
But inwardly they curse. Selah

 My soul, wait in silence for God alone,
For my hope is from Him.
 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
My refuge; I will not be shaken.
 My salvation and my glory rest on God;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
 Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your hearts before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

 People of low standing are only breath, and people of rank are a lie;
In the balances they go up.
Together they are lighter than breath.
 Do not trust in oppression,
And do not vainly rely on robbery;
If wealth increases, do not set your heart on it.

 God has spoken once;
Twice I have heard this:
That power belongs to God;
 And faithfulness is Yours, Lord,
For You reward a person according to his work. (Psalm 62, NASB)

Please re-read this as part of your quiet times this week, and we'll start our studies next time.

1 comment:

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.