Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Verses that inspire


Quiet.

Amazing, solid, blanketing, calming quiet.

Have you ever experienced that, when walking out into a snowfall?

The flakes can still be falling; the only sound is the tiny whisper of the crystals landing on your coat, hat, or gloves. The world pauses. The animals are silent; it's as if they are watching the flakes fall, too. No traffic sounds are heard (at least, not out where we live!).

It makes one think of our Creator God, and how He is a lover of beauty. He must be, to lovingly create the flakes that coast to the drifts below.

What a blessed, peaceful silence, there in the snow!

But our lives are not like that, are they? Raise your hand if you always are peaceful and serene, and you feel enveloped by a quiet blanket of love and peace? 

I kinda think there were not too many hands raised, right then. (Grin)

I'm thinking of one particular incident where someone in my family was harangued by a quasi-official who thought it was their purview to get right in people's faces and make their commands known.

My loved one simply smiled. And talked calmly. And I believe he will be blessed by God for that discernment and calmness. He exemplified the words of scripture:

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. (Exodus 14:14)

We need only to be still.

He has said He will fight for us. And He is faithful.

After the fight, after the war, we can exalt Him for His care and His protection:

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)

And if we keep our eyes upon Him in the battle, we can feel that quiet peace He gives to His children.

1 comment:

  1. My DIL gave me a perfect thing for Christmas. It says "Be Still. I've got this! God. This study today makes me smile because I depend on the words.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.