Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Verses that inspire

 


This verse inspired me recently and I wanted to share:

I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)

It's not easy to keep our eyes on the Lord, is it? 

There is so much "stuff" that needs our attention. But does it really? Do we really need to look at that mobile phone as much as we do? (By all means, if you are traveling and using your phone's GPS, please do continue to consult it, and reach your destination safely!)

You know what I mean.....social media. News reports. So many things of this world clamor for our attention. We're jived up, agitated, irritated, worked up, and nerved up. 

The psalmist said that if he kept his eyes on the Lord, kept Him in his thoughts, that he could not be shaken by anything the world has to offer.

Let's commit today to keep our prayer times and study times a priority and keep our eyes on the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.