Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Proverbs 21: the heart of the Home

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:33.


The above verse is perhaps one of the most powerful husband/wife verses in the Bible. We woman thrive on love. We want the cuddles, hugs and sweet talk. 

But those men of ours...we have got to remember they are to reign our home. They deserve the utmost of respect. And you know what? When we give them that respect...we get those hugs and cuddles more often!

Of course, Snoodles already discussed the husband/wife relationship last week when she discussed verse 9. Take a moment to review verse 9, and then hop down and read verse 19. Ahhh, women, it is so hard for our husbands to listen to us nag, nag, nag. But verse 19 goes a step further. Did you see that? It is not only hard to live with a quarrelsome woman, but also a fretful woman!! When we become worry warts, then we are not showing our husbands the respect that they deserve. Our husbands want to protect us. They want to be king of our home. When we start worrying, then we are sending the message to our husbands that we don't trust them to provide what we need. I don't think it is wrong to discuss our worries with our husbands. Rather, I think this passage is saying it is wrong for us to 'give it to God and our husbands' then take it back and get all fretful over it again. 

Pardon me a minute, gotta apply a band-aid....

Today's Do for your Husband Item: Call him, email him, text him. Tell him how much you miss him while he's away at work and how much you look forward to him coming home.



5 comments:

  1. Where's my band aids????

    Lately I've been telling my husband that I'll be so glad when he retires in a little over a year. And it's the truth! I'm sure he likes hearing it. Who doesn't like hearing that they are wanted around?

    I still have a tendency to nag sometimes, but I'm working on it. Yesterday's post really made me stop and think about how I respond to my husband, and how I initiate a conversation. Wooo weee, I needed that stomping on my toes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. like Belinda, I can't wait for my husband to retire but it will be another 5 years or so.
    I call my husband often to see how he is doing on his sometimes stressful job and tell him I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to this group and marvel at God's timing at bringing me to y'all and with this topic of respecting your man. I have to say in my 35 years with my one and only, I've placed God first and Steve next. He makes it easy though because he is a Godly man who puts God first and me second; I'll take second to God any day!
    I, too, can't wait for him to be with me in retirement but that is not for a few years yet. He is my best friend and I tell him so all the time.
    I am enjoying this wonderful study forum, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, and welcome! (And that goes for any of y'all that are new to our group!) We're happy to have you!
    Tonya, I needed an icepack today....good reminder. I fall into the trap of reminding himself (ever so sweetly of course) of things he said he would do.....oh, OK. I nag him sometimes. I truly need to do better!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.