Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Verses that inspire


This week's study is about courage . . . we can find many verses about courage in the Word:

                  Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move
                  you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you 
                  know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (I Corinthians 15:58)

                 Do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed, for I am your
                 God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my
                 righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be
                 ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing
                 and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not 
                 find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing 
                 at all. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right
                 hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:10-13)

                 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of
                 them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you
                 nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Has a verse inspired you recently?
Leave a comment and tell us; your verse may be just what someone else needs to read!



2 comments:

  1. Is 41:10 is one of my favourite verses! There are a few places in the OT where it says "Be strong and of good courage" mostly on the field of battle. In the here and now we have battles to fight, but as Christians, not against flesh and blood (Eph 6) The courage we gain is when we put on the whole armour of God! We must remember to do that every day I think! hugs, Caro xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why we can be strong and courageous, because:

    9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 11 And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12 That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day. Tim. 2 9-12

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.