Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Verses that inspire

David said:
How sweet are your words to my taste,    sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Psalm 119:103)
God's Word is certainly sweet to us; it's a comfort when we have tears in our eyes; it's celebratory when we are praising Him!

An especially sweet verse stuck with me this week as I studied:
 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (Exodus 33:14)
This is the passage where Moses is being encouraged by God. He is confirming to Moses that He will go with him and with Israel. It's only with His presence that we can move forward with confidence; it's His presence that assures us we will be able to truly rest.

We're not just talking about sleep here, although it's important to know that He is with us in the "night watches." We're talking about waiting patiently for what the Lord has for us. Being at ease and restful because we know that when we put our trust in Him, He will do what He promises to do.

God is with us every step of the way. This is the kind of relationship that we have when we are close to God. That's why it was written of Moses:
The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. (Exodus 33:11a)
We cannot be close to God unless we are obedient. Unless we are patiently trusting Him to do all that He has promised. But when we do that, His presence makes each day sweet.
"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” (Genesis 28:15)
The promise that God made to Jacob is the same one that He extends to us today. He is with us. Immanuel! Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.