Thursday, March 5, 2020

Discussion points - your turn!


First, I'd like to thank everyone who has helped out before with these discussion questions.....we've had some awesome answers that have been so direct and clear - really helps me to read others' ideas on the questions, too. I appreciate all of y'all!

Now, I'd like to pose two questions that I have been pondering while we have studied this week. These are really practical applications of the concepts that we have studied.
The first is this: how does a person discover exactly who she is in the Lord?
Here's the second: if we were talking to a new believer, how would we explain the fear of God? Is it in tension or in harmony with the love of God?

Just as a side note, I have been inspired personally by these studies to do a better job of learning the names of people. Whether they are believers or unbelievers, everyone is pleased when they are remembered -- and often that gives us a more receptive ear to speak the gospel into! I'm going to ask the Spirit to show me people that need to hear; and then I will ask Him to help me remember them the next time I see them! In our world today, the "people" skills are much talked about, but often neglected. I see this especially in younger people today ....millennials, as they are called, often avoid the personal contact with others - texts and emails are more comfortable to them. But it's the personal touch, the remembering of a name, or a spouse's health, or a hobby or sports team, that truly warms the heart of the person we are talking to. It's the old fashioned skill of conversation. And it seems to be dying out, no?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, if you have time to share.

Blessings to all who pause here. And thank you for sharing your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Once again you pose interesting questions :-) For the first I would just say that everyone who is "in the Lord" is the same - saved and sanctified! Unless you are referring to an individuals calling for a specific ministry?

    I looked up the second to do with the fear of God, I have to admit! ;-) The Hebrew and Greek words show the meaning can range from terror to reverence to awe. Whatever the context I believe the biblical concept is most definitely a positive thing, for believers. For non believers, they don't have "fear of the Lord", but in the end, I guess, they will!!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.