Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday slowdown

 I seem to keep coming back to the great old hymns of years past when I post these for our studies. The words just speak to us in ways that are so meaningful.

This particular song reduced me to tears as I listened, and I glanced at a comment below. Someone had posted that they had left their faith behind at one point in their life, and they'd been restored now to that sweet relationship and they knew peace. My tears flowed because I am praying for just that kind of change in a loved one's life: the renewal of their faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. Perhaps someone else is in this situation too; let this reverent prayer song comfort you. He hears our prayers and is working. Our loved one will hear the Spirit's call.

"I'd rather have Jesus than anything this world affords today."



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.