Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Verses that inspire

 


Did that last verse in our study yesterday resonate with you?

It sure set me to thinking, and then to praising!

The Lord is good,
A stronghold in the day of trouble,
And He knows those who take refuge in Him. (Nahum 1:7)

We know that the Lord is good.

And many of us have experienced the fact that He is a stronghold in a day of trouble.

But take another look at that last phrase . . . 

And then a familiar passage that goes along with it:

Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I get up;
You understand my thought from far away.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, Lord, You know it all.
You have encircled me behind and in front,
And placed Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot comprehend it. (Psalm 139:1-6)

He knows us so well . . . . Praise His name!

but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him. (I Corinthians 8:3)


1 comment:

  1. This is perfect. I am sharing and reading many times for myself.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.