Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Proverbs 8:12-21

Today as you read your passage, remember to continue your list that you started yesterday.

Here are a couple of things that stood out to me as I read. Please continue to leave comments about what stands out to you when you read. I like how the Lord speaks to each of us differently sometimes.

vs 13--If we truly fear and respect our God, then not only will we not be proud, arrogant, or have use our mouth for perverse things but we will HATE these things. We will not like being in the presence of it even. (Keeping in mind to love the sinner but hate the sin...) I have a real pet peeve with people saying "Oh, God" or "Jesus" when they are just using it as a slang expression. In past years as a youth leader I was tough on my kids about it. If I heard them say God's name, then I would require everyone to stop what they were doing and that person would be made to pray out loud right then and there. I would always say, "Oh, I am sorry, I didn't know that you were talking to God...we will all pray along with you."  Yes, I have an ornery streak--but it was quite effective!

Vs 18-21--What type of wealth is being discussed here? Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Ever heard the phrase, "Wealth of knowledge"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like if we pray for wisdom we will have all we need. I need to ask God for that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too...sure would keep me out of a mess of trouble!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.