Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Proverbs 9:1-6

Proverbs 9 is split into 3 sections. In this first section, wisdom is poetically personified again, then in the middle section it isn't but then is again in the 3rd section. Just something to keep in mind as we continue....

Read Proverbs 9:1-6.

What are all the things that wisdom has done to prepare the way for her guests?

I personally don't think that each of these things has a meaning...such as we found in the first verse yesterday.
I think that Solomon was just painting a mental picture of the preparation for a big celebration feast for those that choose to accept the invitation.

4 comments:

  1. My first thought in reading today's passage reminded me of Matt 22:4- "...See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."
    Of course Solomon is speaking of wisdom, and Christ is speaking of the Kingdom of God. But they sure sound a lot a like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only has she prepared but she is inviting everyone to take part. When we gain insight on a verse or lessons in life we generally share them with others. I think that we are to gain wisdom and share it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that in this passage, wisdom is similar to our Lord, as she invites everyone. There is no one particular group of people, no criteria that the guests must meet. She sends the maidens far and wide, and calls out herself, inviting all who would come. Jesus did the same, and we should try to invite others to share in the new life that we have found.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.