Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Prayer


The Holy Spirit has nudged me to have a special day of prayer here on the study blog -- yes, I know we have days for prayer often, but this one is for an individual who followed faithfully here until her health became worse. 

She's a sister in Christ and her health issues seem to be dragging on her spirit and her outlook; she is sorely in need of our prayers and our encouragement. Caro lives in Great Britain, and is valiantly trying to get help for her problems, but between the health system and the waning pandemic, she's not even been able to be seen face-to-face by a physician. Her balance is iffy and she has fallen: so far, we can praise God that only a couple of ribs were cracked, but that can surely be painful! 

Please make it a point to pray for her. Good health is a blessing that we may take for granted. If we are in good health, we need to praise God for that blessing. If we are experiencing health problems, we need to pray and ask for His touch on our bodies and our minds.

He knows us so well. He created us. He knows the number of hairs (dwindling thought it may be) on our heads. He even knows the thoughts in our hearts before we ever vocalize them.

Thank Him that He is our rock, our fortress, and our physician. He forgives our sins and He heals our illnesses, or gives us strength to live another day in spite of our sickness. 

Please pray for Caro, our friend and fellow prayer warrior. (For privacy reasons, since the interwebs is a non-private place, I will only post her nickname. The Lord will know who you mean, when you pray!) Bear up her name to Jesus and ask that He be close to her. He will make His compassion real to her, and give her His peace.

 I found this sweet prayer at lords-prayer-words.com:

             My heart holds a prayer that carries you, friend

            So close to God's loving heart.

            I lay out my hope that you'll feel His touch

              And be healed by the Lord above.

             So I trust in our Abba Father

               To comfort you when you cry,

               And bless the hands of the medical teams

               That care for you day and night.

               I wish I could be beside you

                To hold your hand and pray

              So I'm sending my love, my thoughts and faith

               To be with you today.

Thank you for praying for Caro; and please also pray for all who pause here and may have requests, health problems, depression, and other issues that make life difficult. 

2 comments:

  1. I will and do. She is my sister in Christ. It matters to me deeply what is going on with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was saying a prayer for Caro when I heard an ambulance in the distance. There must have been a reason for that, so I said a prayer for them too!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.