Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Verses that inspire


I was reminded of this "gem" of a verse this past week, and I made it a point to include it in my studies all week. It's been a blessing to me, and I hope it will be for you:

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)
Many people today have opinions. 
They have passions. 
Things they are interested in. 
Things they are crazy about.
Some of them put bumper stickers on their car to show what they are passionate about.
Some people wear lapel pins. 
Some prefer a tee shirt with a logo printed on it.
Lots of people use social media to let others know what they are interested in or passionate about.

If we say that we are God's disciples, is there enough evidence for anyone to know?
If we say that we follow Jesus Christ, and that He is our Savior, do our lives show it?
Not just if we have a sticker on our car that looks like a fish. 
Not just that we are wearing a necklace and a cross.
Let's get real, here. Do we love one another?
And if we say we do, how do we show THAT?

Just something to think about as we re-read those verses today. Perhaps we need to make it a matter of prayer. And then find a way (or several ways) to show His love today.

1 comment:

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.