Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Prayer requests


Recently one of our grands accepted Christ as her Savior, and I've been honored to pray with her on several occasions. Whether at bedtime or mealtime or somewhere in between, children have such an honest way with their prayers.

Since our youngest child accepted Jesus at an early age, it did not surprise me when our granddaughter did. It always concerns me when adults want to assess the reality of a child's salvation. Our Savior gathered the children to Himself, and counseled us:

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)

This little one's fervent and enthusiastic prayers have meant a lot to my prayer life. They remind me that when we come to Christ, we must do so in childlike humility, simplicity, and faith. Just as children implicitly trust their parents, believers trust in God. Faith doesn't mean I know everything. It doesn't mean that I do everything right. It means that I know that whatever happens, our Father will take care of us. We trust in Him, even when life is scary. Or sad. Or makes no sense. We trust in Him when we are depressed, too, as we are learning this week. 

He will never, ever turn us away.

He will never, ever leave us.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. (John 6:37)

I hope that you will join me in praying for those who have left comments here in the past few days and weeks, and they've shared that they are in the pit of trials. That they are waiting on the Lord. Waiting intently, not passively. They are working with the Spirit's help to endure and learn from their trials.

God loves His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.