Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Prayer requests


Prayer is our greatest Christian privilege -- but many times is our greatest failure. All of us need to learn to pray more, and to pray "better." If we are going to impact our families, our churches, our country in these critical days, prayer is where we must begin.

One of our kiddos asked me when they were very small, "If God knows everything, why do I need to pray?" It wasn't a disrespectful question -- the tiny face was furrowed with concern and puzzlement.

The answer is just as relevant to adults as to children . . .

We don't pray to inform God; He already knows each and every need of our heart. We can't tell Him anything that He doesn't know.

We don't pray to impress God; we don't have to use eloquence or poetry. We simply cry out to our Father.

We do pray to invite God; we are inviting God into our lives when we pray. Please share any request that you may have on your heart, and let us know of praises and answered prayers, as well. We can rejoice with you at God's blessings in your life.

Let's pray.



2 comments:

  1. We also pray to develop a closer relationship with God. We like talking to our loved ones and friends. God loves talking with us just like that. :)

    In this season of Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for a heavenly Father who cares enough to talk with us. I'm thankful for the life He has given me, both here on earth and when I reach heaven.

    I thank Him for blessings beyond measure. Blessings that I don't deserve. I'm thankful that for the first time in longer than I can ever remember, I'm not stressed as much about the family gatherings and Christmas. I pray it will continue.

    And another praise is that my son-in-law finally got the approval of disability income. What a relief for my daughter!!! It should start any time now.

    I have a friend who needs prayer help. I've mentioned her before as her husband was the one hurt so badly in August of 12 in an auto accident. He is mending well physically, but is still so demanding of her emotionally that she is going through a terrible emotional and spiritual battle. Her name is Debbie and please help me pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I will. Belinda. And please help me pray for my oldest son. He is very ill.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.