Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What are you listening to?


This week, let's encourage each others' hearts with what we're listening to.

You do listen to music, right?

We're encouraged in both the Old Testament and the New to make music and praise our Lord. Sometimes the song in your heart may be just what someone else needs to hear!

This week I've been humming this hymn:

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.

I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.

I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.

1 comment:

  1. This has to be one of my all time favourite songs. It's by Fernando Ortega, and is perfect for singing and humming and contemplating at the end of this day.
    I especially like the line that talks about anxious thoughts "binding", because that is very often exactly what they do, especially at night.

    FERNANDO ORTEGA

    Jesus, King Of Angels Lyrics

    Jesus King of angels heaven's light
    Shine Your face upon this house tonight
    Let no evil come into my dreams
    Light of heaven keep me in Your peace
    Remind me how You made dark spirits flee
    And spoke Your power to the raging sea
    And spoke Your mercy to a sinful man
    Remind me Jesus this is what I am

    CHORUS:
    The universe is vast beyond the stars
    But You are mindful when the sparrow falls
    And mindful of the anxious thoughts
    That find me, surround me and bind me

    With all my heart I love You Sovereign Lord
    Tomorrow let me love You even more
    And rise to speak the goodness of Your name
    Until I close my eyes and sleep again

    CHORUS

    Jesus King of angels heaven's light
    Hold my hand and keep me through this night

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.