Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Prayer requests


I was struck again recently with how blessed we are to share this study blog, and to enjoy the relationships (even though we're separated by many miles) that we have come to know here.

One of our dear followers who has been a prayer warrior by my side was telling me that she longed for a "sit across the kitchen table" kind of friend. Isn't that the longing in all of our feminine hearts? God made us to cherish the close relationships and blessings that can come from talking together, praying together, and rejoicing together.

We can share those times here, but I hope that we all are cultivating relationships nearby, as well. I know that as a business woman, it's difficult for me to do. So many demands on my time, with travel, customer visits, and more. I'm sure that there are obstacles in others' paths, too.

Of course, we are blessed with the best Friend we could ever have in our Savior. He tenderly watches over us, guides us, listens and answers us. But there is a place for those "sit across the table" friends, too. Do you have a Christian friend that listens to your confidences, offers godly advice, cries with you, laughs with you? My friend, you are truly blessed. Be the godly friend that this other woman needs, too.

And when you are lonely, remember that Jesus feels our loneliness, and His arms are around us each day. Do you feel isolated, disconnected? He felt the depths of that emotion as He hung on the cross.

                 Your God, the Lord Himself, will be with you. He will not fail you
                  or abandon you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

                  When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble,
                  I will be with them. (Psalm 91:15)

                  If the Lord had not helped me, I would have gone quickly to the land 
                  of silence. I said, "I am falling," but your constant love, O Lord, held
                  me up.  (Psalm 94:17,18)

If anyone has a prayer request today, please leave it here on this post so that all of the folks who read here can pray with you.

4 comments:

  1. Very good verses to help me this week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago, 24 to be exact, I had a “sit across the table and share” friend. But then she moved across the country. We are still friends, close as sisters in the Lord can be, and keep in touch through Facebook chats and texting.But I miss her deeply. I’d like for us to take her and her family to the Lord in prayer. They are experiencing financial hard times due to the downturn in the oil prices. She has health issues and is feeling alone and isolated because of them. There are other things as well that I can’t share here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad that in this world of constant flux, when people move around so much for jobs etc, that our "sit across the kitchen table" friends often do not stay around long enough. Nowadays we are content with "sit across the internet" friends. Though it is cool and amazing, it is not quite the same! Lovely verses xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take love where I can find it. Here, 'Net, wherever. xox

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.