Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas tidings V


............Whiter than snow.................

Are you a snow bunny?

Not me.

I have to admit that I complain about the cold. To be quite honest, I whine.

Yep, and I'll take some cheese with that. (Grin)

I often don't seem to be able to get warm enough, and with the onset of arthritis, it is downright painful to deal with snow and wind. I'm not crazy about how short the days get, either. I'm a happy camper when we get past the winter solstice, and they start lengthening again, little by little. It seems, too, that all the life and energy of summer is so far away in the winter. Many of the birds fly south, and the bugs are hidden away in logs and soil. The turkeys are brave enough to peck their way through the pasture, but even the deer seem to make their way to the creek quickly, as if they want to hurry back to their cozy nest of leaves in the woods.

But then the snow comes. (Yes, we do get a little here. Occasionally.)
Fluffy.
White.
Unspoiled.
Free of dirt and debris until the children get out to play.
Isn't God awesome?
God makes the winter special. And He gives us a reminder of what He can do in our lives. We may not have grown up in Christian homes. We may not have been in church each Sunday. We may not have a history that we are really proud of, either.

It makes no difference. God makes all things new, clean, and beautiful . . . just like that newly fallen snow. He takes all of our past and makes it sparkling clean in His sight.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sinsand purify us from all unrighteousness. (I John 1:9)
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." (Isaiah 1:19)

This Christmas, let's remember and praise Him for how He has changed and improved our lives. Let's thank Him for His mercy and His forgiveness. He has the power to cleanse us from sin, and to take any situation and make it good, and make it glorify His holy name. When we see someone who needs to hear this joyous news, let's share His love story with them!



1 comment:

  1. I found you today through another blog. My sister and I will be joining you from Indiana.
    I enjoyed today's message. Having snow as a reminder of God's love and Christ's sacrifice is a joy for me. I'm one of the odd cold loving people!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.