Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Fruits of the Spirit - our readers speak, part II


Our series continues today with Cindy's thoughts on "faithfulness."
When asked to write a post about faithfulness as one of the fruits of the spirit, I immediately felt that I should try; even though I sometimes think I'm very naïve when it comes to my understanding of the Bible.  Faithfulness to me means trusting in God as much as humanly possible.  That's not to say that I don't worry, and I know that's a sin.  But because of His faithfulness to me, I can ask for forgiveness and resume with my faith in him.  The song "Great is Thy Faithfulness" immediately comes to mind when I think of faithfulness too. The Lord is faithful to us even when we aren't faithful to Him.  I think that my favorite verse about faithfulness doesn't even have the word in it.  That verse would be Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. I try to live by this daily! 

Thank you, Cindy, and let's gather again tomorrow for our next post in this series!

5 comments:

  1. Oh! That is just wonderful. What a good lesson for us in this post. My faith flags occasionally too and when it does, I recall some of those wonderful verses in the Bible about His faith in us and His loving care of us all despite our human tendency to "throw in the towel" sometimes when we feel overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so comforting and so overwhelming to now that our God is faithful to us, even when we disappoint Him, and are anything but faithful to Him. He’ll come after us, and bring us back to His side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all doubt and wonder from time to time, but it's so comforting to KNOW God is always in control. He is always faithful and we have good reason to believe. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an encouraging thought! Our God is faithful to us even when we are unfaithful! He never changes even though we do! Thank you for this, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post, Cindy, thank you for participating....those are wonderful verses to remember!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.