Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Prayer requests


Yesterday, we discussed how our purpose here on earth can be summed up in the word, "ezer," and that in today's language, you might consider a synonym to be "one who empowers."

Does that seem like a large responsibility to you? 

It seems daunting to me, at least, if I were not assured of the Holy Spirit's help.

It reminds me of when I was gifted with the opportunity to host this study blog. I began with a friendship with the founder, a lovely Christian lady named Tonya. I guest-hosted for some posts, and then events in her life made it necessary for me to take responsibility for these studies full-time. And you know what? I REALLY didn't think I was up to the task!

I felt inadequate.

I felt afraid.

And I didn't think I had much to offer. 

So, instead of my lifting up my hands to God in submission, my hands were in front of me, pushing away from the desk and the computer. (Grin)

Step one for me was to pray about my pride and my fear. To totally sell out to God and put all of this in His hands - because, goodness knows I didn't have the wisdom needed to serve God in this way! And to tell you the truth (because we are brutally honest here) there have been times when I've slipped back into trying to hold up this gift, this blog, with my own abilities. And those are the times when I have had some epic failures! It's when I rely on Him to tell me what to say, and to tell me how to say it, that the study posts can be blessings to me and to others!

So, step one was to make certain my confidence was where it belonged: in the Lord!

Step two was when I finished praying about my attitudes, I started praying for the folks who would pause here to read and to study. I have continued that for all these years. My prayers are based on what the Bible says God wants for each of us. 

I pray that God will reward our time spent in His Word, and He will protect you:

Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
    preserve my life according to your word. (Psalm 119:37)

I pray that He will establish you so you will not be shaken

Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
    they will be remembered forever. (Psalm 112:6)

I pray that He will strengthen you (and enable you to age gracefully, no matter your age!): 

The Lord will guide you always;
    he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
    and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
    like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:11)

And from my correspondence (and prayer requests left here) I pray for each one of you, and ask Him to bless you:

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. (Colossians 1:9-12)

It's been a privilege to post here for the past few years. I've learned so much! And I thank God for blessing me with friends across the miles, in those of you who I've become acquainted with. I appreciate all of you who have told me that you bear me up in prayer -- thank you so much!

I hope that you will join me in prayer this week for all who study here. And I hope that if you have a request that we can pray for along with you, that you will leave a comment and let us know.

Let's pray.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very VERY grateful that you were and are brave..an overused but apt word.... as I can imagine the sense of really great import in taking this study on. I gain everything each time I am here. I am grateful to you for all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Katie Isabella’s words. Your studies have made me think and encouraged me to keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.