Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Prayer requests

 


Did you know that one of the sweetest and most appealing things about a believer is her (or his) sincerity in witness?

Many an unbeliever has been tugged by the Holy Spirit after observing the life, words, and actions of a nearby Christian.

The simple words, "I'll be praying for you," uttered sincerely, are a huge life-changer sometimes.

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. (Colossians 4:6)

Those words we speak for Christ are seeds being sown. We must make certain that our words are gracious, and with respect for the person we are speaking to. We can't be appealing when we are looking down our noses!

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, (I Peter 3:15)

We may never know the people who come to Christ because of the process begun with our simple, kind words to an unbeliever. We may meet people in heaven who tell us they are there - because of our seeds sown.

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. (Daniel 12:3)

Lord, give me a sweet spirit and fill my mouth with what you'd have me say. Then point me toward someone who needs to hear!

Let's pray for opportunities to sow seed!


2 comments:

  1. I would like to ask for prayer as I’m really struggling with my health. I’ve lost so much weight and eating is not easy due to awful taste in my mouth all the time. I am basically fading away! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. I know you are struggling so much and for so long.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.