Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Prayer requests

 


Recently, I've been frustrated with my fellow man. I keep thinking that I and the other leaders of a civic group are making ourselves abundantly clear. 
We lay out the concepts and the reasons and the examples. We think we have made everything super easy to grasp......

.....Only to discover that the next time we speak to a member, we need to repeat what we thought was so easily understood!

I was thinking about this one night and I was sharing my frustrations with the Lord. And what do you think happened?

He used this to help me understand that I do the same thing, when He works to make me understand something important from His Word. 

Ummmm, yep. He has to repeat things.

I don't "get" it the first time.

Sometimes the second time. Or the third. I sometimes appear to have sawdust for brains.

Especially when I think that things should happen more quickly. Like, right now, Lord!

And then my Bible opened up to Psalm 27:

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (Psalm 27:13-14)

I read and re-read that passage; and let it sink deep into my heart. My Savior was reminding me to wait. Wait for Him. Be strong, and wait.

On my knees, I tearfully told Him that I repented of being impatient, of being a worrier, and of sometimes giving up before His answer came. I asked Him to help me rest in His many wonderful promises, and I also asked Him to show me His joy again while I wait. I thanked Him for not giving up on me! And I promised again to give Him the glory when the answers came.

Do we all need to pray a prayer like that today? Sometimes it's hard to wait on the Lord. But He promises He will never leave us, never forsake us. He promises to make all things work to our good, if we are seeking Him.

Amen! Thank you, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.