Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Proverbs 21: Our mighty man!


22 A wise man scales the city of the mighty and brings down the stronghold in which they trust.
30 No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the Lord.
31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord.

What a study we have had over the last week and a half! As we come to the end of chapter 21 and look at the last three verses we've yet to discuss, I am reminded about the strength of our men. No, not muscle strength. Wisdom strength as in verse 22. Wisdom is so much more powerful than human strength. Yet (vs 30) that even though wisdom is stronger than human strength, NOTHING is more powerful than our Lord. While we need to respect our husband, love him, pray for him, help him...we need to put God above him. If we do not put God first, then our marriage, our home, our children suffer. Matthew Henry wraps up this passage with this note:

“Safety and salvation are of the Lord; He can save without armies, but armies cannot save without Him.” 


Are you allowing God to be the Highest in Command within your home?

------------------------------------------------------

I have very much enjoyed writing this study about husbands. It excited me so much that I just worked on it off and on over a couple of days until I got all 7 posts written. It is now 2 a.m. (clear back on the 21--just as you are beginning your study!) and I am going to go shut my eyes and pray that you will allow this study to touch you and that it maybe can make an impact on your marriage. I thank God for the opportunity to have learned so much from this study. Thanks for joining me on this journey.

This song is beautiful. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. That's a very lovely song.

    I'm sometimes amazed at the wisdom of my husband. He seems to have the inside scoop on questionable things, and is an awesome judge of character pretty much right off the bat. Although I was the honor graduate, he seems to have so much more knowledge than I ever did. It relieves my fears and concerns, knowing he has a handle on things.

    How much more can we rely on our Holy Father, who knows all, sees all, understands all, and is in control of all?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tonya, for a great series. I'm echoing Belinda's comment here, for my hubby has many of those qualities. Isn't it amazing how God brings just the right people together, so that their qualities can complement and assist each other? What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.