Thursday, May 24, 2012

Proverbs 21: The wicked and the not so

A study of Proverbs is never without a study of the wicked. Chapter 21 is no exception. Let's look:


7 The violence of the wicked will sweep them away, because they refuse to do what is just.

10 The soul of the wicked desires evil; his neighbor finds no mercy in his eyes.

12 The Righteous One observes the house of the wicked; he throws the wicked down to ruin.

15 When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

18 The wicked is a ransom for the righteous, and the traitor for the upright.

27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination; how much more when he brings it with evil intent.

29 A wicked man puts on a bold face, but the upright gives thought to his ways.

So, how can we apply these verses to our study of husbands? First, thank God for your husband's salvation. Then perhaps you could take apart each verse and apply it to your husband. We each have different husbands. Each with different struggles and triumphs. In my home, I might read this passage and turn it into a prayer thanking God that my husband wants to do the right thing, that he desires to be just(vs 7) and that he thinks before he acts.(vs 29) (Which is a very good thing as I am the one that is way too hasty to jump on decisions.) I might pray that when God observes our home, that He will find good and not evil. (vs 12).

Of course, many verses in this chapter deal with the opposite...we will take a look at those verses tomorrow.

Today's idea to show your love for your husband: Watch a tv show or movie with him. Many of us women could care less about that box with all those noisy sounds coming out of it. But for some reason, men like the crazy thing. So, you could go sit with him and spend some time showing interest in what he likes.







2

2 comments:

  1. I try to make sure that I spend some time with hubby each day. You're right, the noisy box doesn't appeal to me very often, but it is nice to sit with him. I'm grateful that God brought me a man who is fair, just, and has integrity, and I too am praying that our household will be observed to be good, not evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much can be added to this Tonya. I do sit in the living room with my husband most nights. I might not be watching what is on his tv, but I'm there in the room and interacting with him, while I read or do some kind of hand work. I used to go to my sewing room and work, but I think I need to spend this time with him in the evenings. At least until he retires next summer. :)

    And talking about thinking before he acts....wow, he does this very well. It took him a year to decide to buy a home. It took him months and months to purchase a truck. He just doesn't jump into anything. It's sort of rubbed off on me a little and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.