Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gratitudes

I'd like to challenge all of you to join me in a "Gratitudes" activity. I'm sure that at some point in your life, whether as a child or an adult, you have been encouraged to make a list of the things for which you are thankful.

Not a going-through-the-motions kind of thing, but a real, stop in your tracks, grab a piece of paper one. Do you have paper and pen handy? Good!

We have so much to be thankful for. We are so blessed. Try to go beyond the things that first come to your mind, and think about your life. What makes you truly grateful when you think about it?






First on my personal list would be my salvation:

Psalm 118:21
I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.

Colossians 2:6-8
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Of course, I'm grateful for my health, and for the love of my family. I'm also grateful for all of you:

2 Thessalonians 1:3
We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.

I've been blessed by the opportunity to post here and be challenged and encouraged by your responses. God has used this in ways that I never would have dreamed, and hope that I have been able to help some of you.
2 Corinthians 4:15
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

I'm grateful for the small things, too, like when I can go to bed in a warm house, hearing the hum of the clothes dryer and the dishwasher going, while I lie down to rest.

I hope that you will take a few moments to make a "Gratitudes" list, and to lift up a prayer of thankfulness to our Father, the source of all of our blessings.
If you have time, leave a comment with a couple of your "gratitudes" for others to share.

3 comments:

  1. God is good. I am grateful for this blog. Your words inspired by God are a great way to start my day.
    I have a journal on my nightstand and every night before I go to bed I write three things down that I am grateful for.
    Today I am grateful that my daughter has a full time job even though she has work on Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my oatmeal this morning. I am thankful my husband is off this week.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often thank God for my nice warm soft comfortable bed when I lay down at night. ;)

    I'm so thankful for my life as it is. Not having to work outside the home, being able to keep my grandson on a part time basis.

    Having the money we need for all we need.

    For internet access. This has allowed me to make so many wonderful friends I never would have had the opportunity to me otherwise.

    For a husband who is loyal, stable, trustworthy and steady. Not many men like him these days.

    For Snoodles who works hard to write insightful and Godfilled posts.

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above comments too. I am grateful for you Snoodles and this thought provoking blog. I am also thankful for the internet which allows for fellowship with believers all over the world - Church without walls!! I am grateful for warmth and a home to live in and a loving family. x
    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.