Friday, November 16, 2012

Proverbs 28:1 The sound of a shaking leaf, Part II



Yesterday I asked if you could find examples of times that enemies of the Hebrew nation had been scared and run away, even though they may have had a numerical advantage in their favor.  I found a couple of examples that I thought you might like to look at, too:

One such example was that of the Midianites, whom Gideon vanquished with just 300 men (Judges 6-7). 

And what do you think the reaction of the enemies of Israel was, when they heard about the death of all of the Assyrian army, in II Kings chapter 19?

Unfortunately, there have been times when the children of God have shown fear and faithlessness, instead of courage and fearlessness . . . and there may have been times in our lives as well.

Can you think of a time that your faith wavered? When you were frightened by the "sound of a shaking leaf"? I can. I'm not happy about it. But I know that next time, I can be as "bold as a lion."

Remember our passage in Leviticus? What was the prerequisite for blessings and fearlessness?  Obedience. Yep. We chafe against that sometimes, don't we? But the rewards are so huge, and the "yoke is easy - the burden light."  
The only thing we must do is obey His commands that we find in His word.  True obedience comes from a heart overflowing with gratitude for His grace.

He promises fruitfulness, peace, and His presence. 

Exodus 19:15
Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me.

I John 5:2-3
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

(Lord, give me boldness. I covenant with You that I will follow your word and your commandments. I hold to your promise of blessing, and praise You for it, even before it happens.)  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Snoodles! Make sure you enter the gratitude giveaway! I'm giving away an Amazon gift certificate. And, there are over 200 other entries. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to read the scriptures about obedience and covenants, and yet I continue to disobey and break my word to God. I'm so very thankful that He is faithful to forgive me and I can start fresh every day!
    And how comforting to know that I will be His own special person. Little ole ME!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.