Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Prayer Requests




I received an email recently with an excellent suggestion; the writer asked if we could routinely have a special time of prayer and add requests that are on our hearts.

I felt that this was indeed something that we need to do. There are many broken and hurting hearts and many situations that truly need the healing touch of our Father.

If you have a need for prayer, or you know of someone who needs our prayers, please feel free to leave a note in the comment section. You don't have to give a lot of details -- in fact, you can just say that you have an unspoken request if you like.

God knows the details, and when the rest of us are on our knees in prayer and mention that request, the Holy Spirit will help us, and our Father will know just the situation we are praying about.

Please let us join you, in your "fighting the good fight." Perhaps you are at war with Satan and his helpers, or perhaps you or a family member are battling sickness or despair. "Cast your cares upon Him" for He truly does care for you.

Remember as you pray, to praise Him for answered prayer, to claim the verses that promise His help, and to ask forgiveness for sins in your life that would interfere with His work. Then pray for any requests here, and those on our Prayer Page. Assure Him that you will wait on His timing, and thank Him for what He will do.
I thank all of you who have prayed for me, and I praise Him that our son has come back to us, to a loving relationship. I have a serious and important unspoken request for which I covet your prayers. I hope that you will honor me by allowing me to pray for you, as well.

Psalm 66:17 I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue.

James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 

"Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. We are powerful on our knees."   Corrie ten Boom  

4 comments:

  1. I will certainly pray for you, Snoodles. It will be a privilege.

    My mother who is elderly is unwell and would value continued prayers for her and for myself and my brother as we both have health issues too. Thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for others seems like such an easy thing to do, yet we often fail to do it. I'm glad you have reminded us about this!
    I'll be praying for all the requests in the comments below and on the prayer page.

    My sister-in-Law recently underwent a total mastectomy and is going through chemo. The effects of the chemo are debilitating, so please pray it gets easier for her.

    My son-in-law will not hear about the job he applied for until the end of the month. Please continue to remember him and my daughter.

    My friend Scotty Holderfield just underwent yet another surgery for his shattered bones due to a car accident. Please pray for quick healing and an end to the constant pain he endures.

    I know these are many, but they are the ones heaviest on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son and his wife separated in October. He has been very sad and very angry since. He is searching for answers, but is searching in the secular world and its philosophies. Please pray for his salvation. Along with the separation, has come the drawing away of our daughter -in-law and their son from our lives. They live 4 hours away. Please pray that we might find the grace to forgive, and somehow maintain contact and a relationship with her and our grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been posting or reading blogs for several weeks. I happened to be browsing tonight reading to see who had posted. I know the Lord directed me to look for this post. I will be holding the needs of my Christian sisters before of Father in prayer. In Christ's love, Linda

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.