Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Praise day 8


In this month that we (at least those of us in the US) celebrate Thanksgiving, it's appropriate for us to praise Him for our homes and our food, our finances to pay our bills, and all of the other ways that He provides for us.

All of these are blessings. We cannot take credit for them. "But I worked hard to make the money for these things!" you may protest.

But think . . . who is it that strengthens us for the task? Who makes it possible for us to get up out of bed each day? Who puts us in the place where we are tapped for a job? If He knows the sparrows that fall from the nest, and the hairs of our heads, we can be certain that it's He who makes all of those things possible, too!

Our Bible is full of assurances of how God will provide for us. He is fully aware of our needs, and He wants us to come to Him with every need, care, and worry that we may have. We often ask God to help with our physical needs, but we should seek His provision for our spiritual and emotional needs as well. When our view of our world shows that we believe He cares about every area of our lives, then we are starting to be in the place He desires for us -- the place where we talk to Him constantly and then listen for Him to speak to us.

                   Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as
                   I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. (Genesis 9:3)

                   The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD
                   lack no good thing.  (Psalm 34:10)

                   I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide
                   your mouth and I will fill it. (Psalm 81:10)

                   For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and
                   honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is
                   blameless. (Psalm 84:11)

                   Do not worry, then, saying, "What will we eat?" or "What will we drink?"
                   or "What will we wear for clothing?" .............for your heavenly Father
                  knows that you need all these things.    (Matthew 6:31-32)
                  
                   And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory
                  in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:19)
                  “In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say
                  to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.
                 “Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive,
                  so that your joy may be made full.    (John 16:23-24) 

Praise Him -- He loves and provides for us!


2 comments:

  1. Next to our kids, I think this is the area of life that most of us worry about. I have spent more sleepless nights than I can count, and even more waking hours, worrying about these things. And in the end, the worrying has not made one tiny bit of difference in the outcome, other than make me feel worse. These days...... too bad I didn't learn it before I turned 60...... when I catch myself beginning to worry, I tell myself "Stop! Don't worry, pray". My head knows the Lord will provide. It's my traitorous emotions that get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't honestly say I've ever had to worry about food or bills, thank you Lord. But I do have to watch out that I worry over things I have no control of. I used to have a magnet on my fridge that said, "If you worry, why pray? If you pray, why worry?"

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.