Tuesday, June 14, 2016

What are we listening to


On many occasions, when we've come to one of these posts, we have focused on our choices of listening to "media" -- today's word for music in many forms, whether it is on a CD, streaming on a device, or on our radio.

Today let's focus on something different.

Today let's talk about what we hear when the radio, computer, or whatever device we have, is turned off.

What are we listening to?

In the silence that is left behind when we turn off the music, we can "hear" our thoughts. We can also "hear" our Lord.

             For God does speak -- now one way, now another -- though
             no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when
             deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds. 
             (Job 33:14-15)

             Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for Him... (Psalm 37:7a)

             Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the
             nations, I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalme 46:10)

How long has it been since we really "tuned out" the world, and listened to Him? When was the last time we thoughtfully turned the pages of the Word, and then closed our eyes and focused on His mercy and grace?

The blessings He has showered on us are amazing!
Show me your ways, Lord,
    teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are God my Savior,
    and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love,
    for they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth
    and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
    for you, Lord, are good.
Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right
    and teaches them his way.
(Psalm 25: 4-9)

1 comment:

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.