Tuesday, November 15, 2016

What are we listening to?


We're talking about purity this week, and so a "what are we listening to?" post seems appropriate.

One way that we can maintain our purity is with our music. Making the right choices there can influence our whole day!

If we want our thoughts to be on the things of verse 8 in chapter four of Philippians:
 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)
Then we must follow the instructions of the Psalms:

How can a young man keep his way pure?
    By guarding it according to your word.
10 With my whole heart I seek you;
    let me not wander from your commandments!
11 I have stored up your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Blessed are you, O Lord;
    teach me your statutes!
13 With my lips I declare
    all the rules of your mouth.
14 In the way of your testimonies I delight
    as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on your precepts
    and fix my eyes on your ways.
16 I will delight in your statutes;
    I will not forget your word. (Psalm 119:9-16)


Hymns and praise songs are wonderful ways to guide our thoughts and allow the Spirit to infuse us with His peace!
What are we listening to, today?
I have been listening to some songs that get me anticipating the Thanksgiving season. Like this one:

3 comments:

  1. I think of all the old songs, The Old rugged cross, Amazing Grace, The Family od God, etc and I think of my husband that loves to sing and how much pain it cost him now. He sang in the choir and he was always singing as we worked. How little things like this that we loose when you have an illness. Me I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Sometimes in church when he is feeling better and he sings one of his favorite it makes me tear up.
    Also I have a prayer request. A while ago I mentioned about a young girl that was involved with an abusive boyfriend. He on convince her to leave home and drive him out west. It's a bad situation. Her parents haven't her anything from her as he controls her phone and who she talks to. She is 21 and very insecure. I just found out he has a six year old daughter that the grandparents have custody of. He is bi-poler and is very violent. We are all beside ourselves. She is my niece. It is breaking my mother's heart. So prayer would be a help.
    Thanks again for your post. It's the first thing I look forward to every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this and rather than comment on this wonderful message today I will say that I will pray for our friend here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll add in my prayers for Maria’s niece too. Our God is able to rescue and save, even in situations like that.
    I’ve been listening to Selah a lot lately. This one has been seeking to me,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK6sYVQCqhs

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.