Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Prayer requests


I'd like to ask for prayers today.....for me!

Tomorrow is the day that I have orthopedic surgery scheduled.... a fairly new procedure to replace the big toe joint on my left foot will leave me off my feet for about two weeks, I've been told.  I consulted with five different doctors and did voluminous research.... this was not a decision that came lightly, since it will cost us many thousands of dollars.

Once healed, I will start all over again, and do my right foot! But first things first -- please join me in praying for a positive outcome, for wisdom for the surgeon, and for strength to bear the pain and the inactivity. (Personally, the inactivity will be the worst thing as far as I'm concerned!)

Health problems can be stressful, and we need to ask the Lord for His comfort. Please pray for Marla and her hubby, as his health issues are addressed by the physicians. Belinda has some in her family that need our prayers, and Cathy deals with chronic pain each and every day. Carole is blessed to have survived a major surgery, and is assisting her son with his health now.

Each of us has a story to tell, and the Lord knows each story. Let's bear each other up in prayer, and then rejoice as He helps us!

See you tomorrow - I've written a post already, so be sure to study with us!

5 comments:

  1. Love, hugs & prayers for each of you ladies mentioned. Jesus is our Strength, He is our Healer, He is always with us, through each and every day, each and every situation.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgury. Think of all the great bible studies you will come up with laying there resting your foot.
    My husband started the paperwork for a lung transplant. He will have tests that will be sent to Toronto. If he gets accepted into the program we will start traveling to Toronto every six months until they feel he is ready then we will move there for a year or so until the procedure. It will be a long haul but we live by the model take it one day at a time.
    Also could I have payer for my daughter n law. Her father that lives in Toronto has cancer. They give him one year. All his girls live here in NB which is 2500 miles apart. He has no one there and she is trying to get him moved here for treatments. She will have a long stressful year.
    Thanks again for your wonderful words each day. I am glad God lead me to your blog. It gives me a little piece each day.
    Take care of yourself and don't rush getting back on your feet until you are healed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my very very dear friend. You have my prayer and thought. You will continue to have them. We are all standing with you in this. We know from our previous experience that the Lord hears each and every single thing we don't utter and those things we do. He prevails. Knowing He is right there next to and within us is a comfort like no other. It will be well for you. I just know it will be.

    I read with love in my heart what Marla wrote just above my comment, as well. I will include her and those she mentioned in prayer. And I will repeat the sentence she wrote you...I too am grateful God led me here to your blog. The comfort and blessing is a balm to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll be praying for all these requests. I think we should add Tonya, the lady who I believe originated this Bible study blog, to our prayers. She and her family continue to struggle with her husband’s health and all the complications resulting from that. She is the family’s sole financial supporter and tries to work full time hours and also has a young son in addition to caring for her ill husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been very faithful in reading and commenting lately, but this blog has been a wonderful blessing over the years. I do pray for your surgery and trust the Lord will bring the best outcome. Also for the others who have commented today will be in my prayers. x

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.