Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Verses that inspire us


As I lie here, trying to do what the doctors have instructed (and that is truly difficult, because they said be still) I have found some verses that have inspired me and given me comfort, too.

I know that there are others who pause here to study with us that are working through health issues, as well. The Bible often tells us miraculous healing that the Lord provides....He is able to provide both physical and spiritual healing, and He wants to do that for us.
Blessed are those who have regard for the weak;    the Lord delivers them in times of trouble. The Lord protects and preserves them—    they are counted among the blessed in the land—
    he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The Lord sustains them on their sickbed    and restores them from their bed of illness. (Psalm 41:1-3)
Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed;    save me and I will be saved,    for you are the one I praise. (Jeremiah 17:14)
When we are overwhelmed with health issues, bad news at work, or financial struggles, the Word can be our source of help. God promises to comfort and guide us as we focus on Him.

2 comments:

  1. I count on this. I know you do as well. I so hope you are feeling alright and looking toward the end of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This passage from Colossians is as relevant today as it was when it was written 2000 years ago. But then isn’t that true of the whole Bible.

    9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[e] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[f] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
    Col 1:9-14
    May God give you the patience and the quiet you need a you wait for healing.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.