Thursday, September 12, 2019

Your turn to speak!


Today, I would like for us to "brainstorm" some questions . . . I appreciate the discussions we've had recently and hope we can have more. I know that many of us are on the go, and so busy that we barely have time to read the study posts, much less brainstorm and leave comments! But I think the Lord can bless us all if we take a few minutes to share our thoughts - something we say may be just what someone else needed to hear!

What are your thoughts on "God's hand of blessing"? Is it selfish to seek His blessing?

What are some ways that we can glorify Him for His blessings and mercy?

Just like in the life of Jacob, what we do for God has nothing to do with our own strengths and capabilities. It has everything to do with our seeking His mercy and His power to do His will!

I hope you will take a moment to think on these questions and leave your thoughts for us.

3 comments:

  1. I think that for myself, just at the moment, God's blessing is having enough strength for the day. Maybe I don't expect any more. We have to make sure we don't exercise our faith so that it is nothing more than the power of positive thinking. But also that we don't become fatalistic. A good friend is also showing me that trust is knowing God, resting and allowing oneself to be at peace. I'm just thinking out loud! Most importantly God's blessing to us is Jesus, no more no less. Sorry if it's a bit garbled! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here’s my thoughts on your questions:
    I don’t think it is selfish seek God’s blessings since it is something we are commanded to do. “seek The Lord while He may be found. Call on Him while He is near” Our Lord states that He is willing to bless us more abundantly than we can ask or think. So if it is something we are commanded to do.... seeking Him and His blessings, and if it is something that He is more than willing to do for us, then it cannot be selfish or sinful which being selfish is.
    Question 2: We glorify Him by living according to His commands... loving our neighbour, forgiving others, seeking mercy and giving it..... visibly living 1 Cor. 13 and then giving God the praise and credit for us being able to live that even to the smallest degree. If we are older women, there is a passage in Titus about how and what we are to do in order to pass on the knowledge and wisdom that God has given us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it is not selfish in any way as that is what we are to do...what we are "wired" to do. I'm a broken record in that. Right now I think of testimony as my primary way I glorify Him and His mercy. I love the opportunity to offer that to others and I love hearing other's testimony.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.