Thursday, October 17, 2019

Revival will come!


Repentance surely brings revival.
We can't have revival without it.
We can't live with passion without it.
“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. (Revelation 3:14-16,19)
If our lives are similar to the Laodiceans, we need to repent. Are we lukewarm? Neither cold nor hot? Is it difficult for unbelievers to see that we have convictions and principles? Are we passionate about advancing God's kingdom? Do we reach out in ways that work in our situations and try to witness to others about the gospel?
Unbelievers will be drawn to us when we hold our beliefs high and live them out with passion.
Do we hold our faith as a high priority?
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)
Do we work heartily at all that we do, knowing that it's work for the Lord?
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, (Colossians 3:23)
Run the race with passion!
 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. (I Corinthians 9:24-27)
Just like Isaiah in our first post this week, we need to come to grips with our sin and repent. We must repent of a formal, love-lacking faith, of holding to false teachings, of sexual immorality, of lukewarmness and hypocrisy. When we confess and receive Christ's mercy for our sins, we will be filled with a joy indescribable, and with a passion to spread His Word! Just like Isaiah, we will say, "Here am I, send me!"
We will feel a personal revival and we'll spread the gospel every chance we are given!

I know that this has been a study that has helped me. I hope it will be a blessing to all who pause here.

1 comment:

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.