Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Verses that inspire

 


Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (Psalm 23:5, KJV)

My cup runneth over . . . .

The Lord not only supplies all of our needs, but He provides abundance in the midst of difficult times. 

The Lord's blessings on our lives are not just for our needs; they overflow and should be spread around to bless others!

This truth was brought home to me this past week as I sat and waited for my loved one to return from a scanning procedure. I knew that the test would take some time, so I had brought my embroidery with me - I was working on a piece that quoted this verse.

It's not only enjoyable to embroider the Word of God; it's also a comfort and a source of peace. On this day, it was a way to witness, as well. Another lady in the waiting area watched as I stitched and then sidled up to see what the design was. She asked me if she could see what I was working on. What a blessing!  After I showed her the hoop with its embroidery, I had the opportunity to witness to her, using this verse to explain my faith. 

Our Bible emphasizes the love, blessings, and power that God desires to pour out on those who love Him. Jesus spoke many times of God's generosity, and Paul describes God in this way:

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, (Ephesians 3:20, NASB)

The message is that God is not stingy; His blessings are overflowing love, overflowing joy, and overflowing peace. His Spirit will empower us to bear everlasting fruit for His kingdom. We can overcome impossible challenges as the Spirit fills our hearts until our "cup runneth over."

God is generous -- but He is not wasteful. Certainly if our lives are overflowing with love and peace, He means for us to share!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reciting that Psalm many times especially of late. I had not focused on that particular verse, it was several others- but I will now.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.