Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Prayer requests


In a recent round of strong storms that ripped through the Carolinas, one of our family had a massive tree fall on their home. (That's a picture off the interwebs, not their house. I strive to keep identities safe and lives private! Besides, their tree was a LOT bigger!)

We were all dismayed at the damage, but we were so thankful to God for sparing them much worse damage and possibly physical harm - they were all in the basement area of the home when the storm came through, so no one was hurt.

In our gratitude, we were praying and reading the Word, and as the spring time is often a time for storms to rumble through, I thought I would post a few verses and share with you all my thankfulness to the Lord.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul:he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. (Psalm 23)
I'm praying for continued safety for all this spring. I hope that if you have a request or a praise for answered prayer that you will post here for us to share with you.

1 comment:

  1. I love these verses and they are especially right for that and all occasions. I think we all of us literally live out several of these verses from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.