Thursday, February 4, 2021

One more question

 


I'd like to hear your thoughts on one more question today. We've really camped out here in Psalm 23, and we've focused on contentment. 

Is there a danger in contentment? 

That's an interesting notion, no?

What's the difference between contentment and complacency?

And is discontent ever from the Lord?

I have some thoughts on this, but I'd like to hear from you . . . .

If you can, leave your thoughts below, and if you are short on time, just leave a scripture reference for us to consider.


1 comment:

  1. I think of Philippians 4:11-13
    “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

    Complacency has a sense of smugness about it, whereas, as Christians, we know that all that we have is by God’s grace. 1 Tim 6:6 says ‘Now godliness with contentment is great gain.’ :-) I guess we should strive for that. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.