Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Prayer requests

 


Aging gracefully. 
A quaint phrase?

For some reason, whenever I hear of it, I always think of Salome, who the Bible tells us was the mom of the "sons of thunder," James and John. Her hubby was Zebedee, a comfortably middle-class type of guy with a thriving business and a great way of life. 

When we studied her some time back, we saw that she was a woman with "chutzpah," and with love for her sons. She asked Jesus for special places for her sons, because she didn't fully understand Christ's mission. She learned a lesson in humility, though, and remained a loyal follower of Jesus to the end. 

Salome was able to "change gears," so to speak. She became totally surrendered in service to God. She changed; she aged gracefully. She no longer wanted to be the way she HAD been. She wanted her words and heart to reflect His love.

Are we aging gracefully? Are we showing others His love and compassion as we spend our short time here on earth? Are we alert to needs? Are we prayer warriors for others?

I hope that these prayer request days are a blessing to all of us. I hope we anticipate, look forward to the opportunity to support our sisters (and brothers) in Christ in prayer.

And I hope that all of us will allow others the privilege and blessing of praying along with us. I can personally attest to the power of the prayers of many of you who have prayed with me. God has blessed by helping to beat my hubby's cancer, to keep keeping on, to have strength and courage to post what the Spirit guides me to say.

If you have a request for prayer, won't you leave a comment and let us pray with you? Also, if you have an answered prayer to rejoice over, let us know that, too -- if it's personal, you don't have to give all the details! Just tell us you have been blessed, and we will rejoice with you in God's mercy and love!


1 comment:

  1. I have gotten closer to the Word as I have gotten older; and it means Life to me whereas whenI was a younger person, it was all about me.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.