Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Proverbs 18: 23-24

23 
23 The poor use entreaties,
    but the rich answer roughly.
24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,
    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.



We are going to focus on verse 24 today....


Are you a good friend? Are you really? Think about one of your dearest and closest friends. And then please look up the following verses:

Proverbs 17:17--When?
John 15:13--To what extent?

You know...in order to have friends, one must be friendly!

Today think about past friendships. What happened? Why are you not friends anymore? Then think about today friendships. Jot a list of today's friends. Then pray for them. That's a nice start to being a great friend! Your friendship can be just the thing to bring someone to Christ, or closer to Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice, Tonya! I have made so many new friendships on the web, and I pray for them daily. I hope that I can be a help to them, and that I can serve God through those relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no longer close to past friends due to my moving away from them physically, or moving away from them emotionally.(due to life) I'm reconnecting with one after about 10 years (thankfully). I do pray for my internet friends on a daily basis. :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.