Thursday, March 29, 2012

Proverbs 19: 24

The sluggard buries his hand in the dish, and will not even bring it back to his mouth.

As I was going about my day yesterday thinking about this verse, my mind could not get off the thought of our Christian walk and Bible study. How often have we been all fired up for God, and then we became sluggish. And the more sluggish we became, the less we did. So that before long, we could not even turn a page in the Bible on our own, or lift up a prayer of thanks to our God and Savior?

It took me quite some time to write this study because I could not figure a way to expand on that. But then I realized...God does not want me to expand on that today. I could get all 'wordy' and 'preachy' and point out other passages but I think today we are to search our hearts.

Are you too sluggish to seek out God on your own? Do you open your Bible anymore at all? Do you worship God at all? Do you lift a song of praise to Him? Do you pray for anything other than selfish reasons?

Comments have been turned off for this post because I really feel that today we need to search our hearts and  communicate between ourselves and God (only) about this. 

Today is a 'getting our knees dirty' kind of day. Have a good prayer time.

Oh...and PS...if you are reading this sometime other than March 29, 2012--then maybe it is because today is the day you need to hear it. Let God speak to you!