Friday, August 31, 2012

God is faithful

Yesterday we discussed the faithfulness of our Father. I wanted to dwell on that today . . . sometimes on Fridays we will have a song to listen to and contemplate.

Today I would like for you to meditate on a song, but I'll not put a link to an audio file. Just enjoy the words of this old hymn -- many of the old hymns contain so much truth and so much comfort.

"Great is thy Faithfulness" was written by Thomas O. Chisholm, and he had this to say in 1941, about his poem that has been set to music, and has encouraged many, many people:

 "My income has not been large at any time due to impaired health in the earlier years which has followed me until now.  Although I must not fail to record here the unfailing faithfulness of a covenant-keeping God and that He has given me many wonderful displays of His providing care, for which I am filled with astonishing gratefulness."

I hope this blesses you, and that you have a wonderful weekend.



  • "Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
    There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
    Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
    As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.


    • "Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
        Morning by morning new mercies I see;
      All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
          "Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

  • Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
    Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
    Join with all nature in manifold witness
    To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.




  • Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
    Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
    Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
    Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!




  • 2 comments:

    1. That is one of my all time favorites. I often find myself singing it without thinking. And I've sang it while rocking the grandson. It's very comforting and moving to my soul. Thank you for reminding me of that.

      God is always there. He is always faithful even when we are not. What a might God we serve!!

      Enjoy your weekend everyone!! I'm enjoying the rain Isaac has brought to my area.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you for posting the lyrics...It is one of my favorite hymns also. The past two and a half weeks, our Lord has been guiding and giving me strength and peace. A situation occurred that left me frustrated, disappointed and hurt. I am so thankful that our Lord is Faithful. He is always available when I call. He and I had many discussions where He told me, "Linda, I am all you need. You don't need others. I am sufficient to meet your needs." I have moved past the frustration and the disappointment. He is guiding me through the hurt. His Faithfulness is Great. Praise His Name.

      ReplyDelete

    We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.