Are you a spontaneous person?
By that I mean, does a prayer sometimes rise up in your heart, far from your usual, planned time of prayer, and the Spirit awakens in you the desire to pray?
It's vitally important to have a certain time that we meet with the Lord in prayer and devotion, but we can also pray spontaneously:
- we can whisper a "thank you" to God after a close call on the highway
- we can ask God for help and wisdom in a difficult conversation
- we can praise Him for a beautiful sunrise or sunset
- we can ask Him to forgive us right after we think an unkind thought about someone
- we can ask Him for strength when we are so tired we think we might drop
All of these are good times to pray. Our reliance on the Lord is deepened when we include Him in our day, not just putting prayer at the end of a busy day, like the period at the end of a sentence.
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. I John 5:14-15
Let us know of a request or a praise that is on your heart. Leave a comment and allow us the privilege of praying along with you.